Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lion Fish

I apologize for all the pencil smudges on the page. I debated for a momemt if I should remove them digitally and decided it's better to leave it as it is. This is a record of my progress after all.

I loved the drawing when I first saw it on Facebook, and I was excited to try drawing it. The experience was both fun and frustrating at the same time. Using grids to help me draw the outline, I was excited to see the fish take form without a lot of mistakes. However, the shading process was a different story. I struggled with it quite a bit. I think I erased the stripes in different spots a few times. I realized too late that the stripes weren't random. It was a good lesson about paying attention to details.

Needless to say, I was quite happy to learn my lesson and felt proud that I did it!


Completed: 17 June 2012
Time Spent: 15+ hours
Paper: Strathmore recycled sketch paper, 9in x 12in
Materials: Different pencil grades, regular eraser

Reference Image: Lion Fish by Veri Apriyatno



Join me at visualscanner.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is turned on to prevent spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...