Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Kingfisher in Crayons

My latest joy.

I loved the colors on the kingfisher. I was also wanting to try something with crayons and sandpaper again, so I thought I'd give the kingfisher a crack. I got excited, too, when I saw how bright the crayons were on the sandpaper.

I had a lot of fun working on this one. I felt very comfortable with the crayons. I didn't feel too constrained with getting the lines and shapes right. I actually enjoyed just playing with the colors. I wasn't so keen on studying the color wheel, so this was a good, fun alternative.

I will have to look at the colorwheel and study it, eventually, but it just wouldn't be me if I don't spend a lot of time screwin' around first. Hah!

In hindsight, probably should have used more black on the wing.


Completed: 8 August 2013
Time spent: Approx. 8 hours
Materials: Crayola and one-dollar crayons
Paper: Sandpaper, 8.5in x 8.5in



Reference Image: 



Join me at visualscanner.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is turned on to prevent spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...