Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pink Lotus

This is my first colored drawing.

I wanted very much to draw in color after seeing so many beautiful photos with vibrant colors. I became even more eager after looking at exquisite artworks in color pencils and pastels. Who wouldn't be, right? 

I chose a photo that I thought was beautiful but also doable. There were clear lines I could follow, and the number of colors were minimal. 

I worked on this piece with attention to detail and a careful attempt at reproducing the colors accurately as much as possible. However, typical of my work at this stage, I was more interested in finishing it and seeing the result of my efforts than using the exercise to learn techniques and applying what I learned from my readings. 

I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I do continue to read books on art and drawing tutorials online. I also watch video demos and tutorials. At this point, however, I'm a lot more interested in exploring what I can do and how far I can go with whatever natural talent I have for art. I know I need to get that out of my system first before I will be ready for a more disciplined learning. 


Completed: 19 October 2012
Time Spent: 12+ hours
Paper: Canson Bristol, 11in x 14in
Materials: Artist's Loft and Crayola color pencils, rubber eraser, tortillons, ruler


Reference Image:



Join me at visualscanner.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is turned on to prevent spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...