Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Smurf

I started working on this before the Smiling Korean Girl drawing. This is the final version. I first "released" the version below.


Completed: 30 July 2012
Time Spent: 6 hours
Paper: Strathmore 300 Series Drawing Paper, 18in x 24in
Materials: Different pencil grades, vine charcoal, tortillons, regular eraser,
kneaded eraser

___________________________

I couldn't believe that I was actually able to draw something that looked like my photo reference, so in my excitement to show it to my friends, I convinced myself that the drawing was complete. My little Smurf was received well, rough as he was.

I used vine charcoal for the first time here, and used what I know now as charcoal erasure drawing. I love Smurfs.


Completed: 7 July 2012
Time Spent: 20 hours

Reference Image: 



Join me at visualscanner.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is turned on to prevent spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...