Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Marker Sheepie

The idea of drawing a sheep came to mind when a religious holiday, celebrated by some friends, came up. I wanted to draw with markers as well since I've already played around with color pencils. I used watercolor paper, thinking the ink will just bleed through the other types of paper I had around. I didn't have paper for marker drawings then. The texture of the watercolor paper was a bit unpleasant to work on with markers with thin tips. I don't know why I didn't think about using the smoother side of the paper, but there you go.

Problems with pressure sensitivity is quite evident here, and as of the time of this writing, it still is! (Note to self: practice, practice, practice.)

I found out quickly that correcting errors was not an easy task. (Is it possible to do it cleanly?) Inattention caused me to shade the top of the right ear. Ooops. I didn't know how else to correct it, so I used a correcting fluid. It did the job although not very well.

It's not all bad. The colors are bright and fun, and at least, the sheepie looks like a sheepie. Okay, sheep.


 Completed: 27 October 2012 4:02P
Time Spent: 1 hour
Materials: Artist's Loft Markers, White-Out correction fluid
Paper: Strathmore 300 Series Watercolor paper, 11in x 15in

Reference Image: 



Join me at visualscanner.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderation is turned on to prevent spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...